Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Farrah, or rather, Digit is a math prodigy. An absolute genius with numbers. She's trying to live a normal teenager's life, and it's working out great - until some numbers begin to show up randomly on TV. To a normal person, it's just a jumble of random numbers; to Farrah, they're a sequence, a pattern, a code to crack. Before she knows it, she's forced under the FBI's protection, with an eco-terrorist organization hot on her heels. As for her chaperone? He's a super hot agent that she just can't get enough of.

A Girl Named Digit was certainly interesting, and incorporated something really cool - the Fibonacci sequence. While I could've done more with the math, not only to keep things interesting but also to build on Farrah's character as a math genius. The run away, hide, repeat thing got a bit repetitive, though it was necessary as towards the end of the story I found out about the importance of it. What bothered me the most was how Farrah began saying the L-word when she and John had only met days ago. Otherwise, it was fine.

Farrah has two names: Farrah, for one of Charlie's angels, and Digit, for her ability in math. Though in this story she was taught slowly to embrace her nerd-dom and nickname, I've always thought of her as Farrah. Why? Farrah is the girl that moons over John. Digit is the badass girl that can see mathematical patterns in everything. I was a bit surprised at how her character turned out, and though it didn't meet my expectations of her, she wasn't a bad character at all. She was bubbly, sweet, slightly off-kilter, and absolutely lovable.

In the end, while I really found a lot of the things in A Girl Named Digit disappointing, I enjoyed it very much, and would definitely pick up Double Digit to read later on.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account