Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
A Fractured Light by Jocelyn Davies didn’t quite live up to my expectations after reading A Beautiful Dark. Granted, A Beautiful Dark totally wowed me and I loved it, even though I was expecting to hate it. But it took me by surprise! I was hoping to get the same feelings from A Fractured Light. And whew, especially after that ending!

But unfortunately, A Fractured Light was just very much a middle book for me. We learned a lot of stuff about the Rebellion and the Guardians and more about what Skye is, exactly, but I felt like it all could have been more condensed.

The love triangle thing, which I actually really enjoyed in A Beautiful Dark, grated on me a bit in A Fractured Light. I’m not a fan of the mushy stuff, which is totally my own thing, so all the stuff with Asher and Skye was just kind of meh to me.

But the action! I thought the pace definitely picked up mid-way through A Fractured Light which helped to keep me on my toes and reminded me exactly why I love this series. The ending is just as legit as A Beautiful Dark and there’s so many twists. I loved A Fractured Light from the halfway point, but at the beginning, I was a bit meh.

I don’t know. Maybe it was my mood, but I just didn’t love A Fractured Light by Jocelyn Davies as much as I did A Beautiful Dark. I’m still really excited to read the third book in the series – the storyline is still super interesting to me, despite my constant iffiness of angel stories, but I just think I have second book blues or something.

I will say, if you loved A Beautiful Dark like I did, you should definitely read A Fractured Light because I have a feeling the conclusion will be epic.

Review originally posted on my blog http://hobbitsies.net/2012/09/a-fractured-light-by-jocelyn-davies/
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account