Review Detail

Young Adult Fiction 1152
A Far Wilder Magic is sweeping, dangerous romantic hunt.
Overall rating

Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
What I liked:
It is a story centered around a historical hunt for a legendary, mystical beast with a prize that could change everything for our two main characters. One is an alchemist who can't for the life of him hold on to an internship and has thrown his lot in life on the doorstep of his final hope. The other is the daughter of his last chance at achieving his goals to make this world a better place. What unfolds is a slow-burning romance as the two face a world that has not treated them fairly and who we are sure probably never will. Weave within the fantasy and hunt is a sweet, tender story about family and those who choose to stand by you as the world might be gunning to end you.
Final Verdict:
A far Wilder Magic is an interwoven story of several ideas that all come together beautifully in this story. The romance is perfect as it is not rushed, nor are we even sure the two will figure out that they do care for each other. The in-depth look at alchemy mixed into a hunt with a prize that could change your life is a unique concept I have not seen done before. The characters are raw and so honest you can't help but keep turning the pages to see just what they will decide to do next. A book that will make you feel all kinds of feeling on various levels. A great read and not quite what I was expecting, which is a bonus as I like when a book takes a different take than the usual.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account