N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Reader reviewed by Crimin

Helen is Light - a spirit who cannot find peace and, in a desperate attempt to stay far away from her hell -chilled water, churning mud, the sensation of choking, drowning - she attaches herself to a series of human hosts, hovering around them unseen and unheard.   That is, until one day, someone does see her and changes her life (if itd be called as such) entirely.

What took my breath away was Laura Whitcombs intricate storytelling, as it left my heart aching, brought tears to my eyes, and made me love Helen and her consort, James.  I loved it so much, that I wished for it to never end - but, alas, it did, as all books must.  Although, the ending was perfect - I feel that there is no need (or rather, no point) in a sequel, as it ended so perfectly.

Now for the recommendation?  Took care of that already (sorta)!   One of my friends noticed I was reading it one day, and when I had put it down to go and fetch something to eat, she sprung on it, intrigued by the cover.  She read the back and the first couple of pages before I returned and caught my wrist, holding the book up to my attention. Youre letting me borrow this, right? After youre done?  Because it sounds amazing!  That same night, I went over to her mothers house and she saw the book and begged me to let her borrow it as well.

Its that amazing.  So, yes, I recommend this book to any and all who want to read one of the best romances of all time.

I daresay that Helens and James love for each other blows a certain vampire couple out of the water!

Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account