Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Reader reviewed by Kayla (Midnight Twilight)

Helen is a ghost. She clings to hosts so she won't go back to her hell--icy water and mud pulling her into the ground. One day while she was with her host--a teacher-- a student in his class looked at her. Not through her like most humans do, he somehow saw her. She begins to be drawn to him and finds out that he is a ghost (or in her words Light) that implanted himself in an empty human body. They feel drawn to each other and begin to look for a body for her.

Warning: this book contains slightly graphic sex scenes, don't read it if you don't want to read them. Other than that little part this book was amazing!
The way the ghosts were portrayed was very original, she wasn't haunting her hosts, she was saved by them. They were the only things keeping her from her hell. So she helped them with their writing (they all wrote stories, or poems, or plays), she was their muse.
I didn't like how it seemed all that there was between Helen and James was lust, not love. The only way they were connected, or even new each other, was that they were both ghosts.
I did feel that the book pulled me in and compelled me to read more. It was very well written and it had all the things that make a supernatural book good: intrigue, a wonderful plot with lots of twists, romance (although there was a little too much for my taste), and unique look on the supernatural aspect (in this case ghosts).
I would have given this book five stars if it wasn't for the questionable lust.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account