N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Reader reviewed by Amanda

When Lightning Strikes is the classic story of girl has new found fame, fawned over by the press, and makes mistakes being famous. Jessica Mastriani, walking home from 7 week detention with her best friend Ruth Abramowitz, meets a tornado/thunderstorm. You must understand they live in rural Indiana, so they are on a middle of nowhere road. The wind picks up and they run under the school stadium bleachers. Lightning strikes Jess and because there isnt an exit wound (as in entrance/exit wound where the lightning comes and goes), she is given a talent. When Jessica sees pictures of people like missing children or wanted criminals, then falls asleep for the night, in the morning she knows exactly where they are. Jessica calls 1-800-WHERE-R-U to tell the operators where the missing children are. Soon, Jess has saved many kids and the press gets whiff of it. Jess must deal with the pressures of fame within her own family, mind, and spirit.

I recommend When Lightning Strikes for girls and boys ages 12 and up. What I enjoyed the most about the book are the scariness and hooks. I dont really like scary books, but this one madkes you interested with the sticky situation. 4 stars!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account