N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Reader reviewed by Kris

This book starts out with Jessica Mastriani agreeing to walk home with her friend. When hit by lightning, Jess begins to find out where missing children are. She tries to help by calling in and revealing their locations, but after a few calls she gets the government coming after her, trying to use her to their advantage.

Overall, I really loved When Lightning Strikes by Meg Cabot/Jenny Carroll. For one, I admit I could definitely fall for Rob. Part of me is thinking, "Jess, give it up, he's mine," yet at the same time I really wish there was a little more romance in this book. I like Jess' character: she's tough, smart, blunt, and really says what is on her mind. She doesn't let herself be pushed over or told what to do. I enjoyed how Meg Cabot had a generally realistic plot and setting to the book, with some sci fi mixed in. There were plenty of opportunities to laugh or grin or glance away. I was hooked from page one until the very end (which, may I add, was very suspenseful). I can't wait to read Code Name Cassandra, since I have a feeling this will be one of those series you can read again and again.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account