Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Since reading Nightshade I have been desperately wanting Wolfsbane. I adored the first book and was hoping the second book was just as good. Although I have to admit I enjoyed the first book a lot more, this book is still a great sequel and left me craving the third and final book of the series.

I didn't think this book was as enticing as the first book, but it definitely had its moments. The love triangle of Calla, Shay and Ren is so difficult for me. I do have to say though I kind of am more Team Ren, but I love Shay, too. And I think for me to fully be on one 'team', the other would have to be completely out of the picture and that just hurts my heart to think about. Andrea Cremer does a wonderful job of bringing her world to life and Calla only gets more courageous and really grows as a character in this book. She really starts being a leader and not just someone who takes orders from others.

I thought the storyline was a bit lacking in this book, and almost boring. And I hate to say that, it wasn't really boring, there just wasn't as much action as in the first book. I remember being on the edge of my seat throughout the first book and with this book it wasn't like that. It's a bit more laid back. And there are action scenes, don't' get me wrong, and they are GOOD, just not the same. Which, honestly, is probably a good thing. I mean who wants a sequel to be just like the first book?

In this book Shay becomes a bit more outspoken and really becomes a stronger character. He defends Calla and I was happy to see him taking charge more. However, Ren just breaks my heart. I won't get into further detail, but Andrea Cremer did again by leaving us with an enormous cliffhanger that just left me saying "NOOOOOO, don't end it there!" She is a sneaky one, that Andrea Cremer.

If you loved Nightshade, then you definitely need to read this book. And I cannot wait to see how Andrea Cremer ends the series with the third installment, Bloodrose. There better not be any cliffhangers in that one.... just sayin'.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account