N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Reader reviewed by MelodyJM

Toby Klein is the last person you would ever imagine in a cheeleading squad, in fact she'd rather cut off her hand than come within 5 feet of a pom-pom. In fact, the only reason she went to try-out was because it was a get-out-of-detention-free pass. That and the mysterious invitation in her locker written in code. So you'd think it would be odd she would join the squad, right? It turns out The Squad is actually a bunch of teenage CIA Operatives, and, honestly who in thier right mind would think shallow bubble-gum-blowing CHEERLEADERS would work for the government in highly dangerous missions. It's the Perfect Cover. Now, why would Toby, an outsider at her own school be picked to join the squad? Well she's one of the best hacker's ever, having hacked into the pentagon at age 13. Also she happens to have a blackbelt, and is understandablty good at hand-to-hand combat. So now she gotta look cute, while saving lives. Think she can hack it?

What I loved most about this book is Toby's ironic sense-of-humor, and her tough girl attitude. You practically had to force to wear glitter. It's fun to see things from her perspective especially with her sarcastic wit covering every page. It's also intersting to read about her decoding the cryptic. This book didn't particularly keep me on the-edge-of-my-seat, turning pages, but it was definately good, and for certain worth a read. With an ending specifically designed to make you want more, The Squad is Jennifer Lynn Barnes's best book yet!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account