Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
I love Rick Riordan's books, he is writing genius. It must take forever to come up with all the hilarious jokes that appear in the best of situations, or maybe even the worst ones (like a giant Chaos snake trying to eat you!). There were jokes in here that made you laugh aloud. Sadie and Carter's little disagreements that were included in the recording were so funny! Rick Riordan is full of witty comments and heaps of sarcastic replies that makes this book so much more hilarious and exciting, you never knew what stupid pun was coming next.

It must of taken years to research all the facts of Egyptian mythology, with all the forgotten gods and egyptian words that I never even knew existed. He would of have to look up the hieroglyphs for all the spells casted as well as the words in our alphabet. It seems so impossible that he would of been able to discover all these facts, he must of created some up, but the style of how this book was written made it seem real.

I think the ending was tied up pretty well, with a hint of other gods out there (greek and roman from Rick Riordan's other books). Maybe he may write another book in the future that connects these two different mythologies. The author finished Carter's and Sadie's tale pretty darn well. He made it come to an end, but also added a bit of a cliffhanger, like they may be another book written later on (I hope so!!)!

This book was fun and exciting, and all ages will enjoy this amazing tale of adventure, magicians and ugly dwarf gods! Maybe Riordan may write a new book on a different type of mythology all together, like Incan or some other religion that can be woven into a new story.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account