Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Amazing end to this series! This was probably my favorite book in the series. I said it once and I'll say it again: Rick Riordan is a genius.

I love that he wrote these books as recordings he transcribed. It was such an original idea. Carter and Sadie were hilarious to "listen" to. The things they said and did had me laughing out loud. This book included the author's trademark sarcasm and wit in the whole cast of eccentric characters.

Aside from being funny, Carter and Sadie were very likable characters. You really wanted them to finally defeat Apophis and save the ones they loved. They were always so brave in whatever crazy situation they were in, despite still being kids. In short, they were awesome.

Another thing you gotta love about these books is the pacing. There is nonstop action from the beginning. You are stuck in this journey with the characters throughout the book and never want to see it end. All the cool Egyptian mythology elements that Rick Riordan puts his classic spin on add to how easy of a read this is.

I really enjoyed the ending. The author tied up any lose ends (i.e. Walt and Anubis) but also left the story in a way in which more could be told. You never know, maybe we'll see more of Carter, Sadie, and our favorite Egyptian gods in the future.(I hope so!)

Overall: Love this book, this series, and Rick Riordan in general! Highly recommend his books to everyone!

Favorite Quotes:

"She wore a pendant - a glittering platinum and diamond D - possibly her initial, or her grade average."

"I cried because I missed seeing him so full of life, I mean, though the sight of Bes in a loincloth is enough to make anyone's eyes burn."

"'Sadie,' Dad said firmly,'please do not refer to the Devourer of Souls as Poochiekins.'"

"'Tell me. I must know how to hunt Jelly Babies.'" (heh, heh, Jelly Babies)

"'Chaos... get ready to meet Ugly.'" (I
Good Points
Everything!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account