N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
What I Loved:

The premise of THE LAST ACADEMY and the plot twists that keep the reader guessing are fascinating. The reader is constantly off-balance, constantly trying to figure out what is going on beneath the surface of the academy.

There is a pervasive sense of wrongness and tension that work well with the overall mystery. Every character begins to feel a little off. Every thing that happens seems to be hiding something worse. Readers who love psychological mysteries that ooze tension without requiring much from the reader in terms of unraveling clues and sifting through character motives will enjoy this book.

The climax and the answer to the mystery are utterly gripping. Even if the reader has guessed at the answer, the reveal scene still holds tremendous power. The book ends on a very strong note, and is a quick, easy read overall, so this is a great book for readers who love mysteries and want something fast.

What Left Me Wanting More:

The main issue I had with the book is that I found the main character very difficult to connect with. Her narrative voice alternates between heavy exposition and shallow observations, and there isn't anything in her thoughts/voice that helps her stand out to the reader. She felt more like a part of the plot than the protagonist of the plot, which made it difficult to care what happened to her.

Final Verdict:

A tense, fast-moving thriller perfect for readers who want an intriguing premise with interesting plot twists.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account