N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Reader reviewed by Lizzy

I'll admit that I was a little nervous when I picked up Carrie Ryan's The Forest of Hands and Teeth. This was mostly due to the fact that this book because is a Zombie Apocalypse book, although it's written for the Young Adult audience. I'd been reading rave reviews on all of the book blogs I read, and so when it was released I went down to the bookstore and bought a copy.
The story revolves around a small village that is enclosed in a fence to protect them from the unconsecrated (zombies), and the main character, Mary, longs to escape her life this village. The town is ruled by a religious sect, called the Sisterhood, who aren't exactly what they seem. When the fence is breached and the village is attacked Mary escapes, and begins to search for life outside of the place she grew up.
I don't want to say any more about the plot, because it will really give the story away. Let me just tell you that this book might not be for the faint of heart. It is, after all, about a zombie apocalypse. Despite this, the book does show little snippets of home, including Mary's dream to see the ocean.
This is definitely a book worth reading, especially if you love the zombie genre!

Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account