N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Reader reviewed by Jazzy

Sabriel
by Garth Nix

Her sword loomed above her, blade and hilt casting a moon shadow of a cross upon her face. If you love action and adventure stories mixed with a romance, this book is perfect for you. It is an exciting fantasy that you will never forget. It is told in third person but I think it would have been better in first person.

Sabriel has taken over the position of Abhorsen ( the Abhorsen is a powerful charter mage or someone who knows charter magic and uses it to banish the dead. There can be only one at a time and the Abhorsen cant die until they teach another the skill of charter magic). Her dad has sent her his sword and his bells, the tools of an Abhorsen, at Sabriels college. Sabriel leaves her college to go in search of her dad who may be trapped in the realm of the dead or actually dead. She crosses the wall into the old kingdom to go to her dads house which is a long and hard journey. After she has been chased by some powerful dead sprits she finally makes it to her dads house where her dads body might be, because she needs it to bring him back to life. When she gets in she doesn't find her dads body but she finds a cat named mogget who can talk and is actually a powerful spirit that has been trapped for a long time. Mogget agrees to help her find her dad and after they rest they take a paperwing ( a glider)to try to reach a city where they think Sabriels dad may be. They are attacked and crash. Do you think Sabriel will find her dad and defeat the powers of the dead? Read on in Garth Nixs Sabriel.

At some parts it got a little boring when there were some long discussions but over all it was pretty engaging. Garth Nix made the story pretty interesting but really complicated. When I was reading I thought I could have been in the story. As I was reading the author didnt leave any holes in the plot so I was able to understand it. I would recommend this book to 12-13 year olds because the characters talk about some mature stuff and it has some gruesome descriptions. I think that the over all theme in this book is to never give up. I have read another series by garth nix called the Keys to the Kindom and those are also real good.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account