Review Detail

fun book about shapes
Overall rating

Writing Style

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

Learning Value

MY FIRST BRAIN QUEST: SHAPES is a fun board book that teaches children about basic shapes. Each page spread focuses on a specific shape, such as circle, square, star, and more. There are several questions related to the shape, inviting children to trace the shape and consider its special features. The spread also includes an image crafted using the shapes to make different things, such as a snowman and trees for the circle.

What I loved: This is a really great book that helps to explain the shapes and teach them through questions. The book is designed to be read along with a caregiver who can help answer the questions and point out the key features. The bright colors and simple illustrations will work well for the toddlers and preschoolers, who love talking and thinking through what they are seeing. The types of shapes selected are great, touching upon all the basic ones in the book, and inviting children to think about their significance in terms of how these shapes can be used to draw the things they see all around.

Final verdict: MY FIRST BRAIN QUEST: SHAPES is an entertaining board book that teaches young children about shapes in an approachable question and answer format designed to be explored with caregivers.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account