Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Julias Kitchen is a great book about a girl learning to live without her mother and little sister.

While she is away at her best friend Marlees house, a horrible fire destroys Caras home. Her father survives, but her mother and sister do not.

Cara is really upset and doesnt understand how this could have happened. Her dad is the only one who really knows, and he is too sad to talk about it.

Caras friend Marlee tries to be sympathetic but she doesnt know what Cara is feeling and she cant understand why it is taking Cara so long to get back to normal.

Cara especially misses her moms cooking. The two of them used to bake together. Her mom even had her own catering business, called Julias Kitchen, which delivered baskets of baked goods.

At first, Cara decides that she is never going to eat or make any baked goods again. But then, the phone keeps ringing with customers for Julias Kitchen and Cara cant ignore it any longer.

This book is sad and happy at the same time. It seemed very realistic to me and I felt for Cara and what she was going through. I read this book in one day and wished there had been more.

Julias Kitchen is a book about grief and families, friendship and faith, and finding what brings you strength. I give it my highest recommendation.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account