Review Detail

2.5 2
Young Adult Fiction 272
action packed, detailed story with a great plot and main character to adventure with.
I loved this premise and it was executed wonderfully. The attention to detail and the depth of the plot blew me away.
I really connected with Pandora the main character and I loved being in her head. She was brave at the right times she kept her compassion and empathy towards others even when her own world was crumbling. She did just the right amount of freaking out especially for the circumstances.
The tension between Eli and Theo was also great. They are step brothers and also both interested on Pandora which made for some really tense and at times awkward and at others very swoon worthy moments and def. added just the right things at the right moment. They balanced each other out well and had each others backs at just the perfect times. That doesn't mean that they always saw eye to eye but it did create an awesome dynamic.
Though I could appreciate Eli's charm and his more open and flirty demeanor I always was more drawn to Theo. Whether his darker and broody side or the tension and mystery of their opening scene or his protector nature, I was always rooting for him.
I was always wanting to find out more and wondering what they would face next both in the real world and in the video game.
Speaking of, the writing of those scenes was flawless, it was like both they and I were really a part of the action in the video game and not just behind a screen.
It is so chilling too think about a world like this, plunged into disarray and unplugged from technology, and she did a great job of relating the panic, and the tough choices you would have to make in situations like those.
Bottom line: action packed, detailed story with a great plot and main character to adventure with.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account