Middle Grade Fiction 1706
Spies with Lots of Heart and Great Talent
Overall rating

Plot

Characters

Writing Style

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
What I Liked: This latest book to the series has Kat as the Alpha of the team. Her character is brilliant and while no label is attached, she has neurodivergent tendencies that make life challenging for her when things get chaotic. Her meticulous planning gets the team far into their mission but when they meet roadblocks it throws her through a loop at first. I loved seeing her character grow as she learns to rely on her team and not to freeze when things go off script. One of the strengths of this series is that while the main story unfolds at a great pace and takes teamwork often in ocean eleven’s type of handoffs to meet the objective, there is a multilayered plot that focuses on the characters. The character of “Mother” is also a focus as he learns more about his lost wife, Clementine, who may not be the evil Umbra agent that cold-heartedly left him to die and hid his children for years. There is still much to discover about her motivations and allegiances in upcoming books.
I was surprised with a new addition to the team, code name, Cairo. Whether he is sent to the team to help or disrupt their missions is yet to be seen and the suspense makes it hard to put down and excited to read the next book in the series!
Final Verdict: This team of characters has lots of heart and great talent. I love the aspect of travel and the facts that are placed in the story that helps the reader to learn more about Egypt while also being important to accomplish their mission. This is a great middle-grade spy series that I am excited to see continue.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account