Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
City of Halves has a great pace, a strong narrative, some romance, a little bit of adventure, danger, and the best of all monsters.

The book starts off slowly, with a girl who is obviously an amazing hacker of systems and computers. But the pacing quickly changes. Lily’s entire world gets turned upside down and inside out.

What I like best: The use of different London landmarks; Battersea Power Station, Bow Lane and old Holborn. Having visited London and studying in England, it was nice to read about familiar landmarks. She weaves the location with elements of mythology in a very interesting way. The different characters add interesting plot twists and sometimes humor in the darkest moments.

The story is imaginative and I am hoping this is not a standalone novel. I would love to see the places these characters could go. The urban fantasy world Inglis creates in fascinating and I would love to learn more about its inhabitants.

I would thoroughly recommend City of Halves especially those who are fans of fantasy and mythology. While branded as being similar to The Mortal Instruments, I don’t think it is a fair comparison. Mortal Instruments fans may or may not see the similarities.
Good Points
Unique
Enjoyable
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account