Middle Grade Fiction 132
Being a Good Friend...What's That?
Overall rating

Plot

Characters

Writing Style

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Claw and Order sees Sadie and her pack of friends navigating how to be good and loyal friends. Sadie finds herself in an impossible position. She knows why Lindsay has memory loss but it could put her friend in danger to tell her the truth and it would betray the family that is trying to protect her. Watching the drama unfold made for an interesting read.
Throughout the story, Sadie has many interactions with friends where she doesn’t make good decisions. My daughter and I had different opinions on the situation which led to a good discussion. For a group of friends that vow to have each other’s backs, there are many instances where they act selfishly. There are some lessons learned and some reconciliation that helped make the drama relatable.
Overall, this book works well for the intended audience. My daughter loved the drama and was a book she was willing to stick with to find out what happens next. I like that we listened to the audiobook together and could discuss the flaws of the characters and brainstorm scenarios that may have not resulted in so many problems for the friends.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account