Review Detail

4.5 3
ARE YOU SERIOUS RIORDAN? YOU HAD TO MAKE US WAIT FOR A YEAR AFTER THAT CLIFFHANGER?!!!!
Overall rating

Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
WARNING TO ALL: ENORMOUS CLIFFHANGER. I AM GOING TO SPEND A WHILE RAVING ON ABOUT IT.

No, the caps lock key on my keyboard is not broken. I just felt that this cliffhanger deserved all those capitals.

I am a huge Percy fan (No, Jason, you still have not and will never be as good/awesome as him). Annabeth as well. And then Rick Riordan just had to go and (*SPOILER*) chuck them into Tartarus. Annabeth tripped, and I was just like "Yay, Percy will do something awesome to end the book and save her and everyone else" but NO, they had to fall into Tartarus after a really sweet scene.(*END SPOILER*)

ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! Now I shall have to spend a year just thinking about all the possible ways Percy's awesomeness will get them out of Tartarus without becoming mentally/physically eternally damaged on the way (i.e. become insane/die). I was SO sad/heartbroken and the only thing that made me feel a bit better was that Nico admitted that Percy was more awesome/powerful than Jason. (Ha! Take that Jason!) Don't get me wrong, Jason is really cool, but Percy is just awesomer.

Now, onto the actual book. Sorry about all the ranting and raving. If you have got this far without flipping onto the next review, I am proud of you.

I practically had to wrestle this book off my brother, he is so into this series, but I eventually got on to reading it.

Mark of Athena is where the two camps unite. Sort of. Scratch that, it is a TOTAL FAIL with the whole joining forces thing. Everything is going JUUUUST fine, then of course Leo gets possessed and starts blowing up Camp Jupiter, leaving the Romans hungry for revenge and Jason/Piper/Leo/Percy/Hazel/Frank/Annabeth fleeing for their lives, resigning themselves to the fact that NO, they aren't going to get the Roman's help.

So they embark on a quest to Rome to find the Doors of Death and Nico. Of course, when it comes to Percy Jackson, nothing is ever easy (duh, it wouldn't be exciting if it wasn't). On the way, they meet Hercules (who is actually a horrible, stuck up guy), they battle evil dolphin/men, and ballerina-wearing giants. And Annabeth also has to concern herself about this Mark of Athena. (It's called Mark of Athena, I think you can guess it has a pretty big part to play in this)

And then, of course, everything is just perfect, and I was ready to go "Hooray! Everything's right with the world and I can sleep easy until the next book comes out" But then of course that CLIFF-HANGER.

The universe seems to have a problem with Reyna. I mean, did she get on the wrong side of Aphrodite/Venus or something? Because she seems to have NO LUCK with snagging awesome superheroes. Both Jason and Percy turned her down in favour of Greek girls, and I don't think that would make me very happy, if I were her.

Of course, the universe seems to have a problem with all of their relationships. The only time Percy and Annabeth really get back together and show how much they love each other (because all the other times they were in life-threatening situations/really worried about each other/not together at all) is before the cliff hanger. I will not say what it actually is, because I wouldn't want to spoil this. And I wouldn't worry about there being anything more than kissing. They may be sixteen/seventeen, but there is nothing more than that.

Anyway, I promise you, this book is something you DON'T WANT TO MISS!!! READ IT!!!

READ IT!!!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 1

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account