N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Reader reviewed by Crimin

Brunos father is in the military - a high-ranking solider to boot! - and he has to move because of it.  Of course, Bruno isnt at all happy with leaving his grandparents and his friends behind, but what can he do?  He has to stay with his mother and his father and his annoying sister no matter if they must move to a boring new house that certainly wont have as many hiding spots as the home hes leaving behind.

But that doesnt matter - for there are people there, just beyond the fence near his new home.  People that his father and mother dont talk about and surely dont invite over for dinner.  Bruno, being as curious as always, goes outside and beings to follow the fence until he meets a boy.

I can remember just when I found out about this books existence:  I happened to be reading one of my favorite actors wikipedia article and saw that he was going to play in the movie adaptation of The Boy in the Striped Pajamas.  Afterward, by clicking a link, I discovered it was based on this book and went out to rent the movie and purchase the tome.

I totally forgot about the movie and just read the book.  Two days later, the movie went back (unwatched) and I had closed the book with more than just one sob on its behalf.  It has to be one of the most heartbreaking fables Ive ever read - and I love it.  To this day, Im sure, Id cry again if I read it from cover - to - cover.

Five stars?  It deserves more!  But, I can at least say that everyone - EVERYONE - should read this! 

Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account