Review Detail

Middle Grade Fiction 116
Charming & Sweet
Overall rating

Plot

Characters

Writing Style

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

Mercy Watson is Missing! is the seventh book in the wildly popular Deckaroo Drive series that is filled with the antics of a pig named Mercy and her many friends who live on Deckaroo Drive.

The book begins with Mercy missing. The Watsons have tried all of their options to find her. When their neighbor Eugenia Lincoln suggests they hire a private investigator they think that's a smart idea. They hire Percival Smidgley PI who turns out to be a bumbling fool, but reading about him trying to find Mercy was highly entertaining. Mercy's friends on Deckaroo Drive also start a search investigation for their favorite pig. Eventually, Mercy is found, and all is well in the world.

What I Liked: There is just something about a Mercy Watson book that is endearing. In addition to the mystery storyline, the characters are what make this book truly special. Deckaroo Drive's characters are quirky, unique, and lovable, and it's easy to be captivated by their crazy antics. Illustrator Chris Van Dusen is great at making the story come to life with his illustrations. I especially think he captures Eugenia Lincoln and her crankiness so well.

Mercy Watson is Missing! is a charming book that is perfect for children who want to read chapter books independently. I also think this would be an excellent classroom read-aloud.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account