Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
What happens when you have a makeup sleepover party at your house and your friend Junie wakes up in the middle of the night screaming in pain because the night cream she put on before bed is burning her face? The first thing you do, after washing her face, is bring the cream back to the mall store Naked Makeup where you bought it from your friends Lacie and Amber. The next thing you do if figure out why it happened.

And, if youre thirteen-year-old Sherry (short for Sherlock) Holmes Baldwin, you ultimately find out why someone is tampering with the makeup. There is no shortage of suspects.

I So Dont Do Makeup is the third book in Barrie Summys series about Sherry Baldwin, the first two being I So Dont Do Mysteries and I So Dont Do Spooky. In the first two books, Sherrys mother, a police woman who died and is now a member of the Phantom Security Squad of the Academy of Spirits, a group of ghosts who protect humans, helped her solve the mystery. However, her mother cant help her this time. Sherrys on her own. Of course her friends Junie and Brianna help, as do ubercute boyfriend of three months, Josh, and his friend Nick.

While solving the mystery Sherry has enough time to go on her first movie date with Josh. Unfortunately her mother (who she cant see but can smell because she smells like coffee) makes an appearance to make sure Sherrys behaving herself, forcing Sherry to miss half the movie. Great first date!!! Sherry also has time to comment on fashion and makeup, her cute blue denim handbag, her grandmothers lack of fashion, and the Janes, a group of girls who think makeup diverts girls attention from school work.

So, whats so fun about the book? First of all, Sherrys mother, who as I said smells like coffee, and especially her grandfather, also deceased, who appears in the form of a bird, are imaginative characters. Second, her friends are great friends. Everyone should have friends like them. Third, the story. Its fun watching Sherry and her brainiac friend Junie, sort out the clues to come up with the answer.

I So Dont Do Makeup is a fun read and I highly recommend it. And if you like this series, I also suggest the Lulu Dark mystery series by Bennett Madison.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 5 2

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account