Review Detail

4.8 65
There Back and There All Grown Up!!!!!!!
Overall rating

Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Reader reviewed by erica

I just finished "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince " ten minutes ago and I have to say, JK Rowling, THANK YOU.

You have restored (after an unusually slow, but decent nonetheless, fifth offering) the Harry Potter series to the absolute top of the tree.

This, people, is absolutely the best book in the revered Harry Potter series for a number of reasons, the most impressive of which is the pace.

Here is a book that starts as it means to go on - interesting, funny, dark, and absolutely riveting.

Harry's dealings with his peers have matured appropriately - the kids are all sixteen now - and, thankfully, the dark, moody and broody Harry from "Phoenix" is gone, replaced with a more mature version of the Harry we all know and love. The supporting cast - Hermoine, Ron, the clan Weasley, and all the rest - have almost peaked with this penultimate chapter in the Serial. Rowling knows her characters, obviously, and loves them enough to take great care in their development as individual and recognizable people.

The plot - and there will be NO SPOILERS CONTAINED HEREIN!! - bears all the hallmarks of Rowling - tight, beautifully descriptive and with twists and surprises that are understated and unannounced - and all the better for it.

I can't tell you how good this novel actually is. Rowling's Zenith (to date) also proves to be Harry's most worthwhile adventure. Yes, it's darker - actually a little scary in places- but conversely, funnier, more intelligently-told and, all in all, a far more rewarding experience than its more simplistic predecessors, particularly the ultimately chilling "Order of the Phoenix".

Get it now. No questions!!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account