N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Reader reviewed by FlooCrookshanks

Like many other fans of the HP series, I rushed through this in a matter of hours the day it was released. How can this NOT be described as a page-turner?? I admit I found it to be a very slow start, but I was too intrigued by Harry's maturity to find it boring. Plus, good old Ron and his naughty hand-gestures - always good for a laugh.

Before the book was released, everyone was desperate to know who the half-blood prince was - myself included. Once I'd started reading the book, however, I pretty much completely forgot about that altogether; as with all the Harry Potter books, there are constantly hundreds of questions rushing through your mind as you're reading them.

Even more shocking than the identity of the half-blood prince, I found, was Draco Malfoy. Tom Felton aside, I was never particularly interested in Draco outside the world of fan fiction. I assumed he'd always just be the annoying little bully and we'd never find out anything more. We really did get to see a different, deeper, side of him in this book though, and - wow. Very pleasant surprise.

Like in Order of the Phoenix, this book had more of a sense of forboding than the first four (even more so than OOTP, actually) especially with the war in full swing - and with Harry getting more mature, so are his problems.

As always, though, there are many light and uplifting subplots going on amongst the darkness. Ron gets his first snog, Harry gets another stalker, and Luna commentates at the last Quidditch match of the year - just a few of the fun and laughs.

Read it, read it, and read it again; it never loses its spark.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account