N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Reader reviewed by Marisa Scolamiero

The book opens with Harry being back at his aunt and uncle's house for the summer vacation. They have locked away all of his stuff from Hogwarts and treat him once again like he isn't there. Harry is not allowed to use magic because he is an under aged wizard. His uncle decides to lock him up in his room and feed him as little as possible. When all hope seems lost, Harry is rescued in the most unusual way.

The book proceedes on how Harry carries out the rest of the summer and how he returns to Hogwarts for his second term. Joined up once again with his two best friends, Ron and Hermione their second year is full of mystery and adventure. Harry is forced to go up against another big challenge that is almost possible to win. I really enjoyed this book.

Sequels sometimes aren't as good as the first one but this book was full of lots of adventure and surprises. Harry was up against a lot of tough odds in this book and I loved to see how he dealt with his "troubles" I always enjoy reading about the Quidditch matches. They sound so interesting. The Chamber of Secrets is a very complicated thing and the powers it holds are even more mysterious.

I'd recommend this book to young adults but not to anyone under the age of 11. I think younger children would enjoy this book if it was read to them but not to read on their own. It is a long book and they may lose interest in it if they read it alone.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account