N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Reader reviewed by mimagirl

I have been eagerly looking forward to this book since it first came out. When our library finally ordered it in, I was ecstatic. I'm pretty sure I was the first person to read my particular copy. When I opened it I inhaled deeply, savoring the luscious smell of a new book.

And then I began to read.

The words sprung off the pages and painted colorful pictures. The story was inventive, intriguing and original. Each chapter was creatively titled - "A is for Arson", "B is for Blackmail", and so on. I was in awe of the first-time author's ability to weave a tale and mold a world and characters that one feels passionately about. Last night I had about half of the book left to read, and I stayed up to finish it. (Naughty me!) I literally couldn't put it down. The adventure and suspense was building - and then unexpected twists kept occuring - and before I knew it I had reached the end!

I loved the author's style and I loved the story. I will most definitely be picking up any other books she happens to write. The only thing that saddened me was when it became clear at the end of the book that the author was most likely an atheist, and therefore had evidently made a world in which God does not exist.

Nevertheless, I would still recommend this rip-roaring fantasy for you to read. Sit back and watch words take flight. . . .
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account