N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Reader reviewed by Debjani Mitra

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by Newt Scamander is one of Harry Potters school books which have been penned by J. K. Rowling. This 64 paged book can well be called an encyclopedia. It isnt a storybook, definitely, as it has no plot. It just provides information about the various creatures we have read (and not yet read) about in the Harry Potter books. This book contains an A to Z listing of all the beasts and various interesting facts about them. Each creature is rated on a scale of one to five to determine how dangerous it is.
However, it wasnt as good as I thought it would be. As a matter of fact, after I had read quite a bit, I started to loose interest. And eventually, I ended up taking a number of breaks before finishing the book (which was very much unlike me as I usually finish a book in one go). I would have preferred it if J. K. Rowling would have given a more vivid description about the creatures- their origins, their relationship with muggles and wizards and their ways of life.
Personally, I found the introduction more interesting than the main matter. One of the many things the intro contained the Forward by Albus Dumbledore which I found particularly good. However, the best aspect of the book was the conversations between Harry, Ron and Hermione which were scribbled over the pages. Although, I highly suspect, Hermione would ever scribble in an educational book. Nevertheless, the little chats were quite entertaining and provided a good laugh! The few illustrations gave an interesting touch to the book.
In all, it was a good read. A perfect way to burn time while waiting for the seventh Harry Potter installment!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account