N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Reader reviewed by Amanda

Catherine (AKA Birdy) is a young woman in medieval times. She is a noble, but feels like a servant. She’s funny, but stubborn. Her annoying and stupid father is trying to find a suitable, pig-like suitor for feisty Catherine. Catherine doesn’t like any of his choices. She’s thinking why can he pick a more” nice and pleasant one. What trick should I play on him next? How can he be such a devil? Can he clean his teeth? Please!!!!” Read about the adventures of Birdy, party girl of medieval times, with dancing bears, the goat boy, Aelis, Shaggy Beard, the “devilish” visitors, and mother’s pregnancy in Catherine Called Birdy.

This is a witty book. You might imagine The Princess Diaries crossed with The Royal Diaries: Elizabeth I in genre. I was giggling inside from Catherine’s revolt against Shaggy Beard, poking fun with her father, and dealing with life’s problems. In my mind, Catherine Called Birdy is an eagle with a broken wing, soaring above the clouds. Even with her problems, she succeeds!

Catherine Called Birdy is recommended for girls 10 and up for laughs, smiles, and a chance of the giggles.

Cue: rock music. Catherine dancing her way through the 1290s! If you are 10 and up, a girl, and a reader, this will be your savior!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account