Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
OH.MY.GOODNESS. What a wonderful book. I saw this somewhere other than Goodreads (shocker) and liked the idea I read about. I do not think I had read any Leslie Connor's books before this, but I know kids at school had read Waiting for Normal. Perry lives in Suprise, Nebraska...just a small blip of a town. He has the nickname Morning Son. He also lives at Blue River Co-Ed Correctional Facility. No, Perry is not a criminal. He is a kid who just happens to be the son of someone housed at the correctional facility. He has known no other home for his whole life. He goes to school outside of the facility, where of course he is bullied. He brings stories back to his mom and the others inside everyday. He helps cook, greet new residents and wakes everyone up in the morning. Until, that is, a newish District Attorney catches wind of this and makes it his mission to correct this wrong.
Good Points
A fast paced read that didn't get boring. As part of Perry's school assignment, he wants to get the stories of his inside family. Some will gladly give him the story...others, including his mother, will not. This is the kind of book you can sink you teeth into and grab a hold of the characters. It shows what love and caring and respect can teach, even when the circumstances are not ideal. This is a must add to my collection at school.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account