Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Reader reviewed by !shazza!

A bridge to Wisemans Cove: Book review

A bridge to Wisemans cove is a good read; I guess you could call it that. Though I think it is overrated. I think anyone who writes a mildly emotional book can get attention and can get year 9 students like us, to study it. The book has some good themes like Love, Family and Belonging. I think if you include any of themes you can make a relatively good novel.

Love is one of the predominant themes in the story. Love recurs throughout the course of the novel. The different times the books touch on love for example when Beryl says to Carl: Wholl love you if your own mother doesnt? And when Joy takes in Harley: Its not the cake. Its Joy. Shes the only person whos been good to him since we came here. So you can see how this theme recurs. I think any book that touches on the theme love, will make a relatively good book.

The most dominant theme in the book, Family. This book is basically based on family relationships. An example of this is: Carl floated in the sea of families where everyone, it seemed, walked spoke and laughed with at least one other a daughter, a father, a mate. This is an example of one of the themes. Yes, this theme is a good theme, but it can become utterly boring.

Belonging, the final dominant theme in the book. The book focuses on belonging, we see this when Carl starts to finally fit into an environment his comfortable with. We can see this from these quotes: Carl slumped against the hull, shivering in the evening breeze. He was exhausted but happier hed been since he arrived in Wattle Beach, happier than hed been since his mother disappeared. This is a pretty basic theme as well, but it does become utterly boring later in the book.

So its a relatively good book, but it becomes utterly boring if you analyse it.
My tip is to read it once, and only once.

I rate this book 6/10. 

Report this review Was this review helpful? 3 2

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account