N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Reader reviewed by Lady gaga rox

The novel A Bridge to Wisemans Cove was in my opinion was a very touching, interesting and also very funny all at the same time. After reading the first 2 chapters I was hooked and ended up reading 3 times. The start of the book is very mysterious but has a very dramatic ending but also it also was a happy ending that satisfied all the characters.

James Moloney is one of the most talented authors that I know for writing such a magnificent and touching story. Also another reason why I think James is such a good author is that he included a whole lot of different themes in the story that helps the reader understand the concept of the story more.

One of the themes in the story is Family which is a huge part of this book. In the book Carl the main character has many troubles that deal with his family. The only thing that Carl wants is to have a happy and ordinary family. Some of the problems that Carl has with family are; his mother Kerry leaving him ho we find out is end all this time, Sarah his older sister leaves him and his younger brother, he has lots of trouble with his Aunt Beryl and there is much more.

The next most important theme is love which is also shown several times in the book. The big thing that has troubled Carl during the book is that he thinks his mother doesnt love him anymore but he soons finds out that she did love him but she died on the way back. Also some other examples that show love in the book include; Carl waiting at the bus stop near the Nugents store everyday to see if his mother has come, he always looks after Harley and also leaves school for him so they have a place to live, he also works very hard on Skips barge to pay his Aunt so she lets them stay.

Another important theme in the novel is Body Image. Body image is maybe one of the biggest things that keep Carl upset and scared to speak to others. Some examples of this are; when he goes to the beach he always wears a t-shirt so no one can see his big bulges of fat and also how he was too scared to talk to any of the kids in Wattle Beach because he thinks hey would tease him and laugh at him.

Overall this book was very interesting book that is something that I havent read before. So if you like drama and family themed books you will love this one
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 1

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account