Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Reader reviewed by Happy Cheese Pizza Cake

A Bridge to Wisemans Cove Review                        

This book was very interesting and had a very happy, sad and amusing storyline. I think the book was well written and since it was written in third person so I understood what all the characters very well. I liked the themes of love and family which was shown by the kids being abandoned by their mother and being taken in by Joy Duncan. I think this is what made his book interesting.

In the book the main theme I believed was family. There were many family issues in the book with the tension between Harley, Carl and Aunt Beryl. Aunt Beryl does not welcome them as family. She is only interested in letting the boys stay so that she can obtain their social security payments. 

In the book Carl had issues with his body image and self-esteem. Carl was too self-conscious about his appearance He wore a t-shirt as a paltry ruse against public humiliation. (p44) This is common in most adolescence teens whom I would recommend this I book to.  

Overall this book is very interesting and in some parts amusing and is a pretty good book to read if you are in year 9 and you would probably like it too. Some parts are boring.

I rate this book 3 out of 5.

Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 2

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account