N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Reader reviewed by Yan

Wings was definitely something that you have to read a bit further than 50 pages to get into. When I finished opened the pages, I was a bit put off by the style of writing. It seemed basic, middle school writing. It reminded me of a Disney, Once upon a time, there was a fairy princess& type of style. But once I got pass the few chapters, it grew on me.

The characters were simplistic with nothing too overly flamboyant. The motives behind each one can be easily defined in a simple sentence for each character: who am I? and I love her. I may be overly down cutting on the whole intelligence factor but in the end it does come down to that.

Speaking of love, there is a love triangle. Human against faery. Not really going to say much about that except for it being predictable.

The background information was lacking in some departments though. We have faeries and trolls, and simple descriptions of their appearance. I wanted something more. What separates those two groups into such a defined good vs. evil type of feud? Greed can be accredited for some of this, but not all.

You really cannot say much about this book. It was basically a giant source of background information, building it all up for the sequel. Nothing really developed here nor did anything truly remarkable occur.

I would like to say that what everyone has said about Pikes new take on faeries is different. I would have like for her to go into further details though. Like primary functions, how does she talk, what feeds into her brain for it to be able to function. Creditable is all that I am looking for. Great imagination, now just tie it up to the real world.

Overall: For some reason when I first heard about this book, I thought it would have something to do with sisters or something similar. I was way off, lets just say that. Again, one giant building block, well see what happens next.

Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account