Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
THE SEWER RAT STINK by Tom Angleberger is the first in a brand new graphic novel series featuring our favorite mouse, Geronimo Stilton. Geronmino is a staple of children's literature and a go-to for many teachers as children transition into reading chapter books on their own. This new series is shining a light on Geronimo, bringing him to a whole new generation. The illustrations and quirky humor will be sure to please fans of Dav Pilkey and Aaron Blabey.

A stink has invaded New Mouse City, and its citizens are leaving. All of them are except Geronimo Stilton, the editor of the local paper. He is the last mouse standing, and even he has had enough when his friend Hercule shows up asking for help to solve the mystery. Together they find themselves going into the sewers and discovering an entire underground city ruled by Trashfur Sparkles XIII. Uncovering her plan to take over the above world, Geronimo and Hercule must band together to stop her.

I really enjoyed this one. I liked the mystery element of the smell and their adventure into Sewer City. The illustrations brought to life the smell and stink of the sewer, while also showing the waste that winds up there. I liked that Angelberger found a way to add the importance of recycling by showing how the rats of Sewer City had upcycled New Mouse City's trash.

Overall The Sewer Rat Stink is an enjoyable read. Readers will be engaged with the story as the reluctant Geronimo and the clueless Hercule try to escape Trashfur's wedding plans and cure their city of the stench. Recommend for early independent readers.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account