Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Having been pleasantly surprised with the opening story in this series, The Dragonet Prophecy (Book 1), I was excited to be able to read the next in the series so soon! And The Lost Heir did not disappoint. Mystery, intrigue, great plot twists, and yes, even a little bit of romance, dragon-ish romance, kept me turning page after page.
We meet up with the dragonets after their disappointing meeting with Clay the Mudwing’s family. Each of the dragonets has dreamed of reuniting with their families for most of their lives, and the Seawing dragonet, Tsunami, is no exception. Not only that, but she is anxious to return to her kingdom because she just found out that she is most likely the heir to the throne—next in line to be Queen of the Seawings. Yet as she and her companions meet the Seawings and enter their secret palace, things take a sinister turn.
As Tsunami’s story unfolded, I found myself more and more drawn to her hopes and dreams and frustrations. Tui T. Sutherland has a writing style with excellent flow and keeps the reader on her toes, always revealing just enough to keep her guessing. And yes, she somehow does this while telling you a story from a dragon’s perspective! The incredible attention to detail in this dragon-world is another aspect of this series that keeps me glued. Pyrrhia is thoroughly conceptualized and thus extraordinarily believable and interesting—something I don’t find in many fantasies lately. From the colors and shapes on each dragon’s scales to the diverse array of sea creatures Tsunami encounters as she simply swims by, the descriptions are top-notch. Combine this with a plot that holds its own, and you’ve got a winner.
As the story moves along,Tsunami meets other family members and in turn begins to realize her true place in the Sea Kingdom—and that her part in the prophecy is more important than she imagined. Another worthy read from the fantastic land of Pyrrhia.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 1

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account