Middle Grade Fiction 434
The Kingdom Over the Sea Review
Overall rating

Plot

Characters

Writing Style

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
I have found myself craving these Middle Grade reads. There have been so many amazing ones that have come out, and this one is no exception. While I wasn't as engrossed with this story as other MG books - it is still one not to be skipped. The story was fun but a bit slow in some places. I'm hoping that the intended audience finds it engaging but as an older reader, it didn't move as fast as I've found Middle Grade books to be. However, once the plot picks up, it really moves. I loved the twist in the end and I did not see it coming at all! Readers will definitely be surprised to find out what happens.

Yara is the bravest 12 year old. After her mother passes she trusts her last words and sets off to find Zehaira. During her adventures she meets new friends and learns more about her past. While a lot of answers can't be answered for her, she is determined to find out why her Mother had sent her to Zehaira. As trouble finds Yara and the people who have taken her in, she must trust in herself while her and her friends do what they must to protect everyone.

Overall, The Kingdom Over the Sea by Zohra Nabi was an excellent Middle Grade book. The plot was interesting with a fantastic twist at the end I did not see coming. However, the middle of the book was a little slower but it was a build up for events to come. I'm used to MG books being fast paced and engaging, which in most parts it was. Yara was an excellent main character and readers will love her. This is definitely a series I'd be interested in continuing and I hope the intended audience will love it as well. If you're looking for a book full of magic, self discovery, and courageous characters - don't pass this book up.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account