Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
The Hobbit, by J. R. R. Tolkien, is a book that takes you on an adventure with Bilbo Baggins, a hobbit. He travels with many dwarves and a powerful wizard across the land of Middle-Earth, filled with many fantastical creatures, such as goblins and dragons. The adventure is exciting and suspenseful, almost making it a perfect story. The only problem is that the plot becomes somewhat predictable towards the ending, but the novel is still very enjoyable because of the way Tolkien keeps the action going.
The characters in The Hobbit are unique and special because of the different races and personalities they show. One of the main characters, Bilbo Baggins, appealed to me the most, as he managed to draw me in with his unpredictable changes and acts. Throughout the book, he becomes the total opposite of what he was before, and he influences the outcome of several major events. Anyone can tell that he is a very important character in this way because the book’s title refers to him.
Not only are these characters exceptionally intriguing, but the setting and dialogue are a major parts of the novel worthy of reading. The different places that they travel to are all described vividly, and Tolkien manages to keep a good balance between descriptions and the rest of the story. On the other hand, the dialogue is just as good because there is a lot of it, and the words that come out of each character reveal many emotions and feelings. This allows the reader to imagine the scene better in their head, enhancing the reading experience by that much more.
Out of five, I would give this book four and a half stars, as I found the book to be a joy to read. Those who like adventure or fantasy books are definitely recommended to pick this book up because it fits right under those categories.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account