Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Straitlaced Maxine and the impish Will come together in this nostalgic action adventure that will appeal to parents and children alike.
Within the first few pages, I was transported back to my childhood of reading such tales as The Eye of Midnight under a veil of sheets lit by the steady beam of my flashlight long past my bedtime. Parents will absolutely enjoy the nostalgia Brumbach’s work will surely inspire, while children will enjoy the daring tale of twelve year old cousins racing across New York to unravel a mystery and save their grandfather, the mysterious Colonel Battersea.
The story reads like an adventure with Indiana Jones and his grandchildren on a crazy journey to save the world from the dreaded influence of the Hashashin and the Old Man of the Mountain. The result is pure magic and a must read for any child who loves a good action packed mystery.
I particularly enjoyed the dynamic setting of New York City in 1929. The author’s apt descriptions and attention to detail brought the era alive. The story unfolds at a steady pace, driving the reader to turn just one more page and finish one more chapter. The story culminates in an explosive ending that will satisfy the reader’s questions, but it will leave them wanting more as the author creates a brilliant set up for the next installment of the Battersea adventures.
The Eye of Midnight is an adventurous tale, sure to inspire a love for reading in any child. It’s the kind of story that created a passion for books within me when I was very young—a passion that has never left me.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account