Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
When I first picked the book up, I thought, "oh no, did I really just buy this?" BUT...
I opened it to find a map, which I thought was interesting. It actually came to really good use. Throughout the book,we hear of Lina and Doon going through these streets of Ember, and I just flicked back to the map whenever I felt intrigued to know. The two main character, Lina and Doon, are just so adorable. We see the story from both of their perspectives and watch as their separate lives intertwine from just going to school together to other adventurous journeys. I was so in love with the world building that Jeanne DuPrau has created because I got to see the citizens of Ember's struggles to cooperate with the fact the lights of Ember could go out at any time. They spend every day worrying and the book pushes the same worry onto the reader.
It's such a unique story that I think any reader would enjoy.
I also have to admit, I may have let a tear or two crawl out of my eye... There were sad parts, okay?!
I'm looking forward to endure in the next three books in this unforgettable adventure.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account