Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
I loved this series as a child, rereading these a number of times. I liked the first book, The Magician's Nephew, the most. This is where they go to different worlds, first introduce the White Witch and see the world of Narnia created. This is old style magic with witches, spells and rules which I really loved. The series generally follows children who travel from our world to Narnia and fight evil forces and help the great lion, Aslan.

This is a great series with a complex magical world which even has talking animals and well-known mythical creatures. The world is filled with great adventures and I'm sure nearly every child has tried to go to Narnia through their closest!

Aslan represents God as the writer was religious. However, this is not a huge part of the novels so they are still very enjoyable for people who are not religious.

I loved this series, it's a great children's series. Children may need some help reading at times due to it's older style of writing but this can be good practice as it was for me. A great series and a definite must have for anyone's, child or adult, library
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account