N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Reader reviewed by stephanie

I LOVED Sun and Moon, Ice and Snow. It was amazing and definitely worth my time!

What I loved about Sun and Moon, Ice and Snow was the plot. I loved the idea of having a girl being able to talk to animals and have a way with them. I find the idea of talking to animals fascinating and have often wished that I can do the same. How much easier would it be if I could talk to my rabbit or even my turtles? Definitely makes my life easier!

What I found interesting about Sun and Moon, Ice and Snow is the amalgamation of a huge variety of stories: Beauty and the Beast with the enchantment, Cupid and Psyche with Lass forbidden to look at the man who lies next to her at nights face and The Snow Queen with Lass going on a quest to save the man she loves. And after surfing the net, I found that Sun and Moon, Ice and Snow is actually a retelling of East of the Sun, West of the Moon which goes to show that this classic tale is a story filled with snippets of other classics.

The writing was wonderful as well. Vivid details that allows the readers to basically imagine exactly what goes on. The characters were amazingly descriptive. My favorite has to be Lass wolf. He is so funny and extremely witty. I loved how Jessica managed to capture exactly what a wolf would say if he/she could talk. And I loved Lass as well. Shes courageous and resourceful because she is able to go off with a polar bear for a full year and a day. Im not sure if I would be able to do that. And shes resourceful when she manages to trick the trolls and winning back her prince.

Overall, Sun and Moon, Ice and Snow was spectacular and I am now a die-hard Jessica Day Georges fan.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account