N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Reader reviewed by Hannah O

Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan is a great book. I like this book because it has a lot of details, action, and I felt like I was in the book. There were some things I did not understand and I felt the author could have explained them better.

The story begins as Percy Jackson being a normal boy living in upstate New York. He played basketball, skateboarded, and did things that all normal boys like to do. but some weird things have happened to him, and he cant  figure out how or why they happen to him. For example in fifth grade when he was on a field trip at the Saratoga battlefield he had an accident with a Revolutionary War cannon. He didnt mean to aim at the school bus, but  it ended up with Percy shooting the school bus.

Some other characters are Grover and Mr. Brunner. Grover is Percys best friend, who always sticks with Percy. Mr. Brunner is Percys Latin teacher who is very nice to Percy.  Percy trusts these people very much

The story is about Percy finding out that he is not really just a normal kid, but he is a half-blood - someone who is the son of a Greek God. Percy found this out when one day Percys math teacher asked to talk to Percy alone. They walked into a room and Percys math teacher turned into a dragon! As she flew over Percy she asked where the lightning bolt was and then she flew off through the window.

Percy then went on this adventure to find out who he really was and who had really taken the lightning bolt from Zeus. Along the way, Percy was helped by his friend, Luke, who knew more about the Greek Gods than Percy.

I think all kids ages 10 and 11 should read this book because its a fun and easy book to read and its filled with action and adventure that youll love!

Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account