N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Reader reviewed by Jonah

The Ligthning Thief  is the first book of the amazing series "Percy Jackson and the Olympians" by Rick Riordan. The Lightning Thief is a must read book if you haven't read it yet.  Once you start reading you can't stop, trust me. Rick Riordan does the best job that I've ever seen in a book describing the setting and characters. For example, he describes Percy's best friend, Grover, as someone who is an easy target for bullies, scrawny, cries when he gets frustrated, and much more. Another reason this is my favorite type of book is because it's written in first person.

One of the things the author could've done better is to make the endings of events less predictable. The author practically tells who Percy's father is. For example, Percy's mother eats blue food,  the Poseidon cabin smells like Montuak (the place where Percy's mom met his dad), and Percy makes pipes burst without hitting himself. But I can see that the author most likely does this on purpose but he should make the clues a little harder to piece together.  In conclusion, Rick Riordan does an awesome job of storytelling in The Lightning Thief.  Even though some of the events are predictable, you won't be able to put this book down and will really enjoy reading it.

Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account