N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Reader reviewed by Carly Morrison

The Lightning Thief is one of my favorite books mostly because of how well it was written. This story is filled with fantasy, adventure and betrayal. It is also just the first book in the series by Rick Riordan. 

This book takes you inside the life of Percy Jackson who is a twelve-year-old boy with dyslexia who tends to get into a lot of trouble. He has jumped from school to school always getting expelled for some unexplainable reason. Percy finally figures out who he truly is when his best friend Grover shows up at the cottage his mom and him are staying at. They are pursued by monsters and almost killed but in the end make it to a Summer Camp that is not as innocent as it looks. Percy meets new friends and makes new enemies at this camp and begins his training, which will hopefully keep him alive and eventually make him into the hero that he was destined to become.

Percy is a half blood meaning that one of his parents are a Greek god or Goddess, which is why monsters are attracted to him and why he has to fight to survive. When Percy gets blamed for Zeus' master lightning bolt being stolen from Olympus because of who his father is Percy is given ten days to find it or else a war so great that it might destroy the whole world may begin.

I truly loved this book and I never wanted to put it down. It is non-stop adventure and I had to find out what was going to happen to Percy and his friends next. This book is really great and I hope you will read it and absolutely love it just like I did.

Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account