N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Reader reviewed by Harry

The bull-man charged to fast, his arms out to grab me whichever way I tried to dodge For my book report I read The Lightning Thief. The books genre was fantasy, and was told in the 1st person. The book was about a troubled boy, Percy, who discovered his father was a god, making him a half blood. He was sent off to a half blood camp where other half bloods like himself had a place to stay in the summer. While Percy is at camp he is given a quest to find Zeus stolen lightning bolt to prevent a major conflict or war between the gods. Percy, his satyr guardian Grover, and his fellow half blood Annabeth will have to fight mythological monsters and unravel a treachery more powerful then the gods themselves. His quest will reveal ancient Greek powers, and a betrayal from a friend. The Lightning Thief was by far one of my most favorite books I have ever read.
The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan is a great recommendation for middle school readers. For starters, the book was never boring, and always was packed with suspense on every page. When reading the book I could never put it down always anxious to find out what would happen next. Usually when I read books it is hard for me to concentrate on the plot with so much going on in the book. The Lightning Thiefs plot was smooth and simple, action packed with monsters, gods, and heroes. My favorite part of Rick Riordans book was his writing style. The book was the most suspenseful page turners I have ever read, because of all of the battles and wacky twists he put in the book. I recommend The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan to any one looking for a suspenseful page turner, and a good read.
Overall, I think Rick Riordan did an awesome job with The Lightning Thief. His book is a great recommendation for a middle school student looking for a suspenseful read. The Lightning Thief was one of my favorite books, and I am looking forward to reading the sequel, The Sea of Monsters

Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 1

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account