Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
This instalment in the Percy Jackson series sees Percy, Annabeth, Grover and Tyson delve into the frightening depths of the Labyrinth. The mythical maze, like other ancient Greek places of legend, moves with the Western World. It current sits under America and has various entrances concealed around. Moving through the Labyrinth isn't the same as regular travel, people can move faster but it's incredibly easy to get lost.

Percy and his friends are on a quest to stop Luke and the Titan's army from using the Labyrinth to invade Camp Half-Blood. This time Annabeth is the quest leader. Though she's very excited, she is quite stressed under the immense pressure to succeed. As always she is also given a troublesome prophecy for her quest and is deeply concerned about it.

We also got to learn more about other characters such as the goddess Hera and the god Hephaestus. In the previous book, Percy met a mortal named Rachel who was able to see through the Mist. She became a larger character in this book which I loved, it was great to see a mortal human in this fantastical world. She's also an artist with spunk which is fun and her conservations with Annabeth were quite entertaining.

This book is filled with betrayals, action and mystery even more than the last. It's a fun read and I loved exploring the Labyrinth with the young heroes. Everything is building up to the final book and I can't wait to read it.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account