Review Detail

4.9 50
Middle Grade Fiction 329
Yet another crazy adventure for Harry Potter and friends.
Overall rating

Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Reader reviewed by Nicki

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban is the third book in the series of seven. In this book, Harry accidently causes his aunt to inflat during the summer break then runs away from his aunt and uncle. He ends up in Diagon Alley, an all Wizarding town, where he meets the Minister of Magic. Harry thought he would get in trouble for performing underage Wizardry on his aunt, but the Minister seems more interested in Harry's safety. Harry couldn't think why the Minister would be so worried about him that he would actually go searching for him. A Wizard had escaped from Azkaban, the Wizard prison... But Harry couldn't think of what that had to do with him.

While Harry was staying in Diagon Alley, Ron and his family came to stay before the end of the summer break. He accidently heard Ron's parents talking about whether or not they should tell Harry that the prisoner who had escaped from Azkaban was a friend of his parents and was the one who betrayed them to dark Wizard who murdered them.

Even though Harry was upset about what he over heard, school started and was going pretty well. One day while Harry, Ron and Hermione were visiting Hagrid, a big black dog attacked Ron and pulled him under the Whomping Willow, a tree that swung it's branched when you got to near, and through a passage. Of course, Harry and Hermione followed. The dog actually turned out to be the escaped prisoner; he was able to turn into an animal at will.

The prisoner turned out to be Harry's godfather and didn't murder his parents. He had proof that it was actually his parent's other friend who betrayed them.

I could keep going, but I dont want to ruin it completely! The story starts getting very interesting in this book. I've read it several times (along with all the other Harry Potter books!) and would definately recommend it.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account