Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
A Tale Dark and Grimm by Adam Gidwitz was such a delightful read! It is the story of Hansel and Grettel as you have never seen it before and I just loved reading it. The Grimm fairy tales are so intriguing and this is one of the best retellings of them I have ever read.

A Tale Dark and Grimm was written in such a unique style too. It’s one complete story but it’s broken up into 8 stories along the way. Plus, the narrator interjects and offers hilarious commentary every so often. It was so much fun to read!

I loved the route Adam Gidwitz took with his retelling of Hansel and Grettel. It was just so unlike any of the retellings I have heard before and I loved seeing what would happen with the characters next. There was dragons, murderers, sorcerers and more. This was definitely on the more violent side – I mean, people get their heads chopped off. I read nearly straight through this book, and I never wanted to put it down! It was utterly addicting.

Adam Gidwitz is an author to watch – I cannot wait to see what else he comes up with as A Tale Dark and Grimm was just wonderful. This was definitely one of my favorite books I have read lately and one I would recommend to everyone!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account